Thursday, April 12, 2007

you win some you lose some

The last couple of days have been interesting. Monday morning I woke up at 6 am with heartburn so bad I seriously considered the idea that I might be having a heart attack. I knew this wasn't the case because of where the pain was coming from but still, it hurt like hell. Turns out this was just the beginning of what would be an unpleasant two days. After I was awakened by the heartburn I had a really bad gas sensation in my chest. This sensation kept making me want to burp (you know, to try to relieve the sensation) but everytime I did the burp tasted and smelled like rotten eggs. I felt so horrible that I had Chris call me in sick to work. I felt crappy all day and slept most of the day. Then that night Chris starts throwing up and continues to do so all night long. He called in sick to work on tuesday. I got up and took Chucky to daycare and then since I had used my ONE sick day I had saved up on monday, I took my happy ass to work tuesday morning. I was there for a whopping two hours, still dealing with the general feeling like crap, rot gut stomach, and rotten egg gas when my boss told me to go home. I wrapped up what I was doing and came home two hours after I got to work. About an hour after I got home it was vomitus maximus which actually ended up being a good thing because as soon as I upchucked I felt alot better and the rotten egg burps went away. I still couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day. The next morning I was feeling fine but unfortunately that little episode left me unable to get out of bed much less do my homework for two and a half days so now I am way behind in one class and took some serious hits with my participation in another. I am still not caught up and if I don't turn everything I am missing in tomorrow I won't get any credit for this week's stuff at all.
Also today my dad was trying to dial his lady friend in Gaylord and called me accidentally instead and we ended up getting into it. We haven't made up yet but we've reconciled enough for him to want to come see Chucky tomorrow. Also because I missed part of tuesday I'm making my time up on saturday which sucks because there goes my weekend. My nephew is spending the night over here tomorrow night and my sister is coming to watch Chucky saturday while I go to work. So I've felt like crap all week and I have five billion tons of homework to do in the next two days. I was planning on doing some of it tonight but as of this moment I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open so that ain't gonna happen.
I did have a few things go right this week. I got a $400 refund check from my tire and wheel protection plan on the car from when I hit the pot hole and had to have the two tires I popped replaced. Chris got a raise so that will help a bit and I had a package from Baker College waiting for me when I got home today. I opened it up and inside was my diploma for my associates degree. One degree down, two more to go. And now I must put on my PJs and go to sleep before I fall asleep here, drool all over my trig book and ruin my chances of reselling it on Amazon when I'm done with it.

No comments: