Saturday, February 16, 2008

Egads

My break from school is over and I have started back up with my math for business and philosophy of ethics class. Here's hoping the next six weeks go smoothly :)
So the budget thing is working out fantabulously so far especially because I got a check from the VA for $200 that I wasn't expecting. This is the third paycheck since said budget was instituted and neither one of us has bought one thing we weren't supposed to. Its difficult because this year we aren't even allotting money for gifts for special occasions (i.e. birthdays, valentines, mothers/fathers day, anniversary etc)... Here's hoping we can stick to this budget until the end of the year and we'll be debt free. Hooray!

I even almost have enough money to buy our plane tickets to Vegas. The only bad thing is the couple that is supposed to be going with us might not be able to go because the wife might not be able to get the time off from work. Since this is one of those deals through my timeshare I have to bring someone to tour their resort and that is the reason I got the package so cheap so if I don't bring anyone and still go I have to pay actual cost which is a couple of grand. If I don't go I'm out the $200 I paid for the package that would have normally cost a couple of grand. I'm hoping he emails me back shortly and lets me know either way so if he can't go I have a good month to try and find another couple to go. Also I talked to my big sis the other day and she said since she wanted me to have a good time on my first trip to Vegas, that I could pick out one of the Cirque du Soleil shows and she would pay for me and chris to go. I'm really hoping this works out where we can go because I really need the mini vacation and I have been looking forward to it for months.

Been really busy at work too and have had to deal with many people doing stupid things that make my job that much more difficult. I have monday off so thats three whole days off in a row which should mean plenty of time for reading, homework and spending time with my boy.

2 comments:

krista said...

The Beatles' Love was really good. Leah works there as a costume attendant. She says, though, that the best show in Vegas is Ka. And she's seen them all. When you get around to figuring out the trip a little more solidly, drop me a line, and I'll forward you the email I sent a friend about what to do and see and avoid. Just recommendations, but good little bits are hidden in that city. :)

Holly said...

She wants me to see Zumanity. I kind of want to see O. I think they all look fabulous so I really don't care which I get to see.