Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Challenge for me

So I ran across this site that lists all kinds of challenges related to reading and I think I'm going to do the 101 books in 1,001 days one. So if I start this tomorrow that gives me until October 10th, 2009 to read 101 books. I think I can do this. I hate it when people do these contests and count 20 page books like Green Eggs and Ham as a book so I will not count anything under 200 pages. Right now I'm in the middle of a book that is 800 pages so I will be counting that one :)

In other news I have spent the last week making up a budget for the family to get us debt free except for our mortgages in 1 years time. It is entirely feasible BUT it means we have to stick strictly to the budget and not go off it at all and since there is no room for bad things that cost money to happen I am really hoping something doesn't go wrong. Then next years fundage will be devoted to house repairs that must be made (electrical, furnace, roof etc...) and socking away three months worth of expenses for that emergency fund everyone is supposed to have. Unfortunately, although I was planning on starting my 401(k) this year, I will have to put it off until next year because I cannot find room in the budget. So heres hoping the book thing and the budget go well. I did manage to budget for the Vegas and DC trip so at least this year won't be a total bust. Time for bed.

2 comments:

krista said...

I'm actually working on a list for the 101 things in 1001 days project. Kind of like the epic ones I'm known for but a little more organic and feasible. We shall see. You can totally read that many books in that time. :D

We've just started living a lot more frugally. It's like someone hit a switch for us. FINALLY. It feels a lot better to be thinking logically about money and life and our relationship to stuff.

Holly said...

I am not making an actual list just listing them as I go until I get to 101. I am still reading Anna Karenina and it is taking forever. Should be able to pick up the pace once I'm done with that. Yay for living frugally! I did budget in Vegas and DC though :)