Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Son the Actor

Its easy to forget how sensitive kids are when they're little. We were putting our darling Chucky to bed tonight and he was being a stubborn little turd. I picked him up to put him in bed and he reared his head back and headbutted me right in the jaw. It hurt really bad. Chris heard my yelp of pain and came to see what was wrong. I told him and he looked at Chucky and told him "You're a naughty boy. You hurt your momma. Daddy's mad at you he's leavin!" and he walked out of the room. As soon as he did that Chucky burst in to tears. I kept asking him "Buddy whats wrong?" Between sobs he goes "Daddy say I naughty boy. DADDY NO LOVE MEEEE!" Poor kid! I felt so bad for him. Chris came back in and spent the next 1/2 hr reassuring Chucky that he did love him and that he wasn't mad at him anymore. My son is a total daddy's boy except for when he's tired and wants to cuddle or when he's sick. Then its momma time. That child is just too smart for his own good sometimes. I worry that Chucky is going to end up like my niece. She was big for her age just like he is and my sister would get dirty looks all the time because in appearance Jordan looked like a 10 yr old girl when she was only 6. They would look at my sister like "why are you letting that child whine like that? She's too old for that!" and really she wasn't. She just looked like it. Chucky is the same way. He towers over all the other kids his age at daycare. I guess we shall see.

I have a few shows that I watch regularly. I think it averages out to maybe one a night but we have DVR and On Demand so really I could watch every show I like in one day if I wanted to. Here are the ones I currently rarely miss:

Sunday: This is my off TV day. Sometimes I catch Desperate Housewives but not very often because my husband hates this show with a passion. He calls it desperate buttwipes.

Monday: Monday Night RAW. I was in to wrestling when I was a wee one back in the late 80's. My dad used to watch it all the time then. He convinced me to pull out my loose tooth when I was eight by tying a string around it and tying the other end to a door and slamming it shut because "that is what Hulk Hogan would do if he had a loose tooth". I got back into it in 2002 because I lived in the barracks then and the guys used to watch it in the dayroom all the time. Since I didn't have a TV of my own I'd watch it with them.

Another one I watch on mondays: I Love New York. Yes that would be the whacked out chick from Flavor of Love that got rejected by him twice so VH1 felt bad for her and gave her her own show. Why the hell do I watch this you may ask? Because that show and the people on it are hilarious. Take for example, the guy dubbed Romance by Ms. New York. On the 1st day he met her he broke down in great big sobs about how his precious Yorkie "princess" died 3 wks ago and how his heart was broken and now he wanted to make New York his princess. The way the guy carried on you couldn't help but wonder if he had a more intimate relationship with his Yorkie. Can we say nutjob?

Tuesdays: Another day where I don't have a particular show I watch. This is usually a day where I'll watch something I recorded or browse on demand.

Wednesdays: I got into Courtney Cox's new show Dirt on FX when it premiered. I love this show, especially Don Konkey, the functional schizophrenic photographer who keeps having strange hallucinations every episode. I will definitely keep watching this one. I was surprised I actually got into this because I'm not a huge fan of Courtney Cox Arquette. She annoyed me on Friends and in the Scream movies. I used to watch Lost but lost interest in it.

Thursdays: Grey's Anatomy. I have watched this since episode one and yes I do think Patrick Dempsey should win an award for "best male hair on a TV series".

Fridays: Friday Night Smackdown of course! Did we forget that I was a wrestling freak? Side note: I have tickets to Wrestlemania 23 (Ford Field, Detroit MI, April 1st). Although I don't have floor seats which I would have gladly paid for had they been available, I don't have nosebleeds either so all of you other wrestling fanatics that will be watching it on pay per view- be jealous haters because I'm gonna see it live!

Saturdays: This is another catchup day for stuff I DVRed or watch on demand.

And here are the couple of shows that I regularly watch through the wonderfulness of on Demand:

After not watching several seasons of the mindless drivel that is MTV's the Real World, I have actually been watching the latest installment: The Real World Denver. Its the same crap its always been- 7 strangers picked to live in a house, get drunk every opportunity they get, contribute to the spread of STD's and live like complete slobs with the occasional knock down drag out fight. Its amusing at least. I also think that were I still a drinker, this would be an awesome show to make up a drinking game to. There could be rules like everytime Jenn says the phrase "rock star" or Colie sleeps with yet another guy or Alex makes an assinine comment you have to take a drink. Then again, maybe not. Everyone would be toasted before the 1st commercial break.

Another MTV guilty pleasure: Laguna Beach. Teenage angst and drama and being so filthy rich you could solve the poverty crisis in several third world countries just by donating the proceeds from one of your many shopping trips. Who can't relate to that?

And finally a show that Chris and I actually watch together. Thats right we actually agree on something! No sumo style fights in the middle of the living room for the remote- this one we both like. Showtime's Dexter. This one is about a serial killer who was taught by his adopted dad who was a cop to channel his homicidal tendencies into something positive by bumping off other serial killers. The storylines for this one are awesome and Michael C. Hall as Dexter is brilliant.

And there you have it folks, my weekly TV schedule. And now I shall be off to bed!

No comments: