Sunday, January 21, 2007

What to do, What to do.....

Not much has changed on the homework front. I started today well intentioned. I wanted to tackle it all bit by bit and get all caught up. I usually don't start the homework until a little before Chucky goes to bed or after he's already down. The big reason for this is during the week I pick him up a 5:30 and he goes to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 so this only gives me 4 or 5 hours with him every day and I want to spend as much time with him as possible.

The problem that I have been running into lately and what has contributed to my getting even farther behind is that my husband has no clue how to get Chucky to bed other than to scream at him to get back in bed when he gets out and to spank him when he doens't listen. Meanwhile, I'm in here trying to concentrate and all I can hear is hubby screaming "get in bed!" and then a few minutes later I'll hear "you don't want to listen? Okay! Spankings!", followed by the sound of Chucky being spanked and going "Ow OW OW". Well I can only take so much of this before I get completely fed up and tell Chris to get the hell out of Chucky's room. I go in there and either sing to him or tell him that "momma came in there to go night night with you" and I'll lay there with him and if he tries to get up I tell him "you have to be quiet buddy. Momma's trying to sleep". And guess what? Usually in about 15 -20 minutes he's out. The bad thing is that by then its 10:30 - 11 ish at night and by the time I get done putting him to bed I am completely drained and can't stay up much more than another hour working on the homework which makes me get farther and farther behind. Its a viscious cycle and I don't know what to do.

After I got him down tonight I went in there and told Chris that he had to find another way that worked for him to get Chucky to bed because the spanking his ass every five seconds until he finally conks out was not going to happen anymore. I am just sick of it. I told him the child is 2 damn years old. He's the adult and Chucky is the child and he needs to find something else that works because I am not going to put him to bed every night and sacrifice my time that I NEED for other things when he could be doing it just as well as I could. He tells me that the reason it works for me and it doesn't work for him is that Chucky sees me as the parent and him as the play thing so he doesn't listen to him. My whole take is too damn bad. Read some parenting books, call the Supernanny, take anger management or WHATEVER but he is no longer going to use spankings as a way to get Chucky to go to sleep.

I wonder if I am in the wrong here because probably about 50% of the fights we have I am and just won't admit it. Honestly, the more I have to deal with issues like these on top of everything else the more overwhelmed I get. I drift between two states most of the time. One of them is overwhelmed and the other one is hopelessness. This has got to change because I am at the point where I am just too worn out to funciton in either of those states anymore. Anway, enough of my bitch session. I have ALOT of homework to get to that I will probably never get done. TTFN.

No comments: