Monday, February 19, 2007

Mission Accomplished

No I did not just prematurely declare an end to the war in Iraq (cough, cough, President Bush, cough). I am referring to my grade in the psychology class. I did pass it (barely) and I will be retaking it during the 2nd half of spring quarter so it does not completely tank my GPA.

My dad did the unexpected today and called to ask if he could take Chucky out for a couple of hours so we said sure and while they were gone Chris and I went shopping for a new bed. I'm sure I've mentioned it in other posts that Chris is a big behemoth of a man. If not there it is. He is quite big. Well we currently have a queen size bed which would usually be adequate for most couples but definitely not for us. He takes up most the bed which is bad enough but he makes claims of "poor circulation" which he says makes him uncomfortable and causes him to roll all over the bed all night. I usually have about a foot and a half of space to sleep in because of this. That was all fine and dandy when we first got married and I was a size 3 but I am definitely not that small anymore and I am tired of sleeping like crap. The color under my eyes is a lovely shade of purple which I try to hide with makeup so I don't scare people. I've reached the point where I'm tired of looking and feeling like a corpse so dammit we are getting a new bed. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a sleeping partner I'm incompatible with. We're getting a king size. Moving up in the world we are.

I've decided as of late that I want to start reading again. Maybe not as much as I used to because I just don't have time for that. I used to be holed up in my room all day long some days when I was younger and back then I'd be able to get through 2 300 page books a day. I would also stay up until 2 am reading and then get up at 7 for school with no problems. I just can't do that anymore. I would like to fit it somewhere in my schedule to be able to read at least one book a month, textbooks for college not counting of course. I don't think this is too overambitious so hopefully I can do it. Just for giggles here is a list of some of my all time favorite books:

1. The phantom tollbooth by norton juster. Our teacher made us read this in 6th grade. By the time she made us read it I had already read it at least 10 times. Still have a copy of it in my basement somewhere

2. The Egypt Game by zilpha keatly snyder. Read this one mulitple times as a kid too.

3. Imzadi by Peter David. Every Trekkie worth their salt has a favorite Trek novel and this one was it for me. A trek love story. I first read this back when I had a crush on Jonathan Frakes who played Commander Riker. Krista decided one morning in 7th grade that it would be hilarious to draw a picture of leapord print underwear and put Cdr Rikers pic in the middle so when I opened my locker that morning it would pop out at me.

4. Roots by Alex Haley. This book was just amazing. Even better was Queen also by Alex Haley. Both were made into a miniseries, neither of which even came close to comparing to the books.

5. The Stand by Stephen King. I think this is the most popular (and possibly the longest) book he's ever written. I love me some Stephen King books.

6. Wanderlust by Danielle Steel. I've read alot of her books but this one is my favorite because its the first one I ever read.

7. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. This is my all time favorite movie. Seeing the movie made me wish I was alive in the era when Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh were big stars. The book was even better. The follow up book Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was awesome too.

8. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. She is a great writer. I heard they are making this book into a movie starring Scarlet Johannsen. This author started my current love affair with historical fiction books.

9. I love anything written by Michael Connelly but my favorite in the Harry Bosch series is the Concrete Blonde. Don't know why but I just really liked that one for some reason.

10. Last but certainly not least on this list is Pride and Prejudice. I think we read this one in school and I know we watched the movie. I liked all of Jane Austen's books I have read so far but by far this one is my favorite.

And now that I have shown my true nerd colors by posting that list, I think I will go do me some homework before I get too tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop in and offer you a very happy birthday. I hope you had a lovely day that wasn't too stressful, and that your dad made you a fabulously tasty cake (but not a TastyKake, because they are teh suck). Big birthday hugs!