Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sleep? What is this word, sleep?

That is basically how I have felt all week. Its been crazy for me for a variety of reasons. Work has been really slow lately which gives me alot of free time to do homework while I'm there. All week long I've been able to get everything done I need to by noon or 1pm and then do a few homework assignments in between answering the phones. When I get home though, its a different story. Chris has been sick all week which means no help with Chucky, the dogs, cleaning the house, cooking, or anything else that needed to be done this week. On top of that I haven't been able to fall asleep until around 1 or 2 am every morning and then I get up at 7:30 and do the whole thing all over again. I hope he feels better soon because I really need this weekend to catch up on my sleep. On the plus side I'll be catching up on that sleep in our brand new bed which arrived today. Its SOOOO soft.

Oh yeah, I made it through my 25th birthday and thanks to all who sent me birthday wishes. I actually had a decent birthday for once. I got the bag I wanted and I got my traditional pineapple upside down cake that my dad always makes me. I also got to go eat dinner at my favorite chinese place so all was good.

I'm trying to decide right now if I want to continue working on my degree 1 class the first term and 2 classes the 2nd term for the quarters or if I want to do two classes both terms of a quarter. If I do the 1 and 2 combo I'll graduate with my bachelor's in Feb of 09. If I do the 2 and2 combo I'll graduate with my bachelors September of next year. I do want to graduate the earlier date but that means risking burning myself out even more than I am now and I don't know if I could do that. I really like the classes I'm taking now though. I'm in intermediate algebra and POL201a American Political Systems. I'll be done with those in 3.5 more weeks and then its on to western geography and trigonometry. Oooh the excitement. I was going to write more but I am really tired so I think I'm going to try to go to bed early for once (well early for me, anyway....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently unsleeping, and it bothers me greatly. I've worked myself into a panic because I have this mild, irrational fear of throwing up (well, rather, I thoroughly hate doing it, and I worry about being incapacitated/vulnerable), and there's been a stomach bug going around, and I have this tendency to give myself fake symptoms when I think about it too much. So I'm trying (and almost succeeding) to either wear myself out or distract myself into being sleepy. None of which is in any way relevant to your post, but I thought I'd comment and also eliminate a little of my paranoia (hopefully) by sharing. Sigh. Hope you're getting some snoozles this evening. :)

LyraFae said...

Well, go me for not wishing you a happy birthday. Happy Late Birthday!

Personally, I hate sleep. I hate that I have to get up. I hate that sleeping takes time. I'm not a big fan of it.