Sunday, May 13, 2007

South Beach Update Week 1

Happy Mother's Day all! Well, I will have been on the diet a week tomorrow and I am already down 7 lbs. Since I am a person who tends to give up on alot of (but not all) things if I don't see results right away this type of progress this early on is definitely good. Wish I could lose 7 lbs every week. I'd be at my goal weight in no time. Since it is Mother's Day my siblings and I have decided that this is the day we are going to honor my mother's wishes and put her ashes in Lake Michigan. My Aunt also had her ashes spread there when she passed away and my mom wanted the same.
Hoping there is no drama when we go because my sister is mad at me. She came over to my house to vent about all her problems but I had to interrupt her because I was in the middle of cooking dinner and she let my son out into the kitchen and he was wreaking havoc on my kitchen and getting into things that could be dangerous for him so I interrupted her to tell him to put the stuff back so he wouldn't hurt himself or get it dirty because I still needed to use it and she got all pissed and stormed out the door. I HATE that there is always so much drama here. If my dad isn't getting pissed off at me for something, she is and it drives me nuts. I'm at the point where everytime someone gets mad at me I'm like "oh well, sorry you feel that way" and I drive on with my life. I'm desensitized to it now because it happens so frequently.
The in-laws are coming in July and my sis that lives in texas and her hubby are coming in July or August. They are taking my dad up to Mackinac Island for 4 days and I am SOOO jealous because I've always wanted to go there and have never been able to. At least my Chicago trip is only two weeks away. Well I want to do a little reading and then go to bed so TTFN.

No comments: