Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jackasses...............

So I've been feeling like complete dooky all day today (thank you mother nature, I appreciate it). I took a nap when I got home and a little while ago Chris and Chucky went to bed. So at about 11:45 pm the phone rings and thinking that it may be an emergency situation (you know since Chris' great grandma just got out of the hospital and his brother is in Iraq and my dad is well.... my dad) I pick it up. The following conversation ensues:
ME: Hello?
Guy in a girls voice: Is Chris there?
ME: He's sleeping
Guy in a girls voice: Well tell him I love him to pieces and I really miss him
ME: (after silence) Hello?
Guy in girls voice: Hello? Um I have to go.

WTF? Who the hell would be a big enough jackass to call my house this late when everyone but me is sleeping pretending to be a girl when I can hear someone snickering in the background? Who does this crap?

Maybe I should have responded like this:

ME: Hello?
GIGV: Is Chris there?
ME: He's sleeping
GIGV: Well tell him I love him to pieces and I really miss him
ME (in hysterics): You sick bastard! I don't care what your ransom note says. I don't have the $500,000 before you'll return Chris to me now please stop cutting off his fingers and mailing them to me and just let him go!"

Or maybe I should have told them that Chris decided he was tired of the lie. Two weeks ago he packed up his clothes and most of mine too, changed his name to Christiana and left me a note telling me he was going to Vegas to pursue his dream of being a showgirl.

Anyway if you can't tell, I'm really tired which is when my imagination gets all bizarre like this. I still have to shower and let the mutts in. Hopefully phone idiot doesn't grace me with another call this evening.

No comments: