Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Answers my friend, are blowin' in the wind...

For those of you who know I'm a wrestling nut, I'm still trying to figure out the whole Chris Benoit killing his family and himself thing. It is a sad situation and I honestly don't know what to think. I loved Chris Benoit the wrestler. I think he was one of the best to ever step in the ring but what kind of demons must that man have been wrestling with to kill his wife and his innocent child?? I don't think the world will ever know and I don't think its something I will ever understand. I could never imagine harming one hair on my son's head let alone killing him. My heart goes out to the members of the Benoit family and I really hope they can find some peace after this tragedy.

So I am getting overwhelmed at work lately. I have to schedule appointments for people to update their HIV tests and physicals and dental exams so they will be medically deployable because our stats suck right now and its important that they are up to date on everything. I also have a mess of leave forms to get straight and a few things the Cdr wants me to do by friday so I've been gainfully employed all week. I also have alot to get done here at the house. My in-laws will be coming in three weeks and although my house is not a giant dirt ball, it is nowhere near my standard of clean. Chris and Chucky are visiting the family now so I'm trying to get it all done before they get back.
I am also taking a 6 week long break from school because mentally, I needed one. I have Business math and the American Novel as my next two classes which start August 2nd. The other reason I am taking the break is because I still have not received my Michigan Merit Award and I still owe half my tuition from spring quarter. Well I can't start any new classes until I get that paid off so I'm working on that too.
We're in a little bit of a rough spot right now. The pressure of our financial situation is making me feel like I'm in a room thats slowly running out of oxygen. Its nothing we can't bounce back from if we manage our money carefully enough but I am getting sick of having just enough to pay the bills. I would like to actually have money left over to go do something once in awhile or start investing in fixing up this house. Even if we don't stay here I need to at least start doing the things necessary to get it ready to rent or sell. I still don't know what we're going to do but I am holding to my decision not to make any moves until I'm done with school.
In other news I went to the dentist and found out I need to get a couple of wisdom teeth pulled AND I need braces on my bottom row AGAIN because the dentist who did my braces the first time screwed up and left a tooth in he shouldn't have and now my teeth on my bottom row are all pushed together. On top of that I went to see a podiatrist about my bunions and (lucky me!) he wants to remove both of them. So I am having surgery on my right foot on the 17th and when that one heals up I'll be having surgery on my left foot. So by the middle of next year my weight will be back to normal (12 lbs gone so far...) my feet will be fixed and my teeth will be too.
And finally I have adopted three furry orphans recently. We saw a stray orange cat over at my dads house that was really friendly. We were thinking about taking it home but we knew if we put it in the car it would freak out and shred the interior of the car so we decided not to take it. Dad's neighbor feeds it all the time so its kind of at home there. Well we decided that we'd look around and see if we could find another cat. We saw an ad in the Chronicle for free kittens and we called it. The guy still had all 3 kittens left because the boobs at the chronicle put his ad in the four wheel drives section instead of the pets section and we just happened to see it. We met him and his girlfriend in the parking lot of the N. Muskegon Meijers and he pulled the three cutest little kittens out of the carrier. Two of them were grey tiger cat twins and one was grey tiger with white patches. Chris liked the twins and I liked the other one and he kept hemming and hawing and wouldn't make up his mind. We felt bad about breaking up the twins and Chris didn't want the one I wanted so I ended up agreeing to give a home to two of the kitties and promised the couple that we would take the third one along and try to find a home for it since we lived in town and they lived out in farm country and no one was willing to drive out there to see the kitties. Well we got them home and now Chris refuses to get rid of any of them and I got sick of arguing with him so we now have three little kitties (all males). Chucky's cat is Gilbert, Chris' cat is Stewie and my cat is Oliver. So now we have one dog and three cats. Hurray for me and the hundreds of dollars I'll be spending on vet bills.

3 comments:

krista said...

Well, I know that two kittens will eat the equivalent of what one kitten would eat if adopted alone. So I suspect you're only feeding about 1.5 kittens worth. On top of that, and especially since they're family, they'll help keep each other groomed and healthy and happy. So you've got a really good deal with the family of kittens. :)

Holly said...

Yes but kitten science has also proven that 3 cats will produce the amount of poo that 6 kittens normally would so I guess since the food intake proves to be half as much while the pooping doubles, I think I'm just about even all around......

krista said...

Well at least poo doesn't cost money. Litter can last quite a while if cleaned often enough. ;)