Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In the News

So I saw two things on the news tonight that caught my attention, one because I thought it was freakin' awesome and the other one because it made me sick to my stomach.
The first was about a 72 year old man who fought off his attacker while being pickpocketed at a convenience store in Grand Rapids. This dude (a former Marine) was almost 50 years older than the guy who was trying to steal his money yet he hauls off and slugs the guy upside the head like 6 times. That guy was arrested and he definitely got what he deserved. All I can say to that one is Semper Fi baby!

And the now for the thing that turned my stomach. In Kalamzoo they are considering charging a 13 year old boy as an adult for the severe beating of a toddler. Apparently this little 15 month old boy wandered away from his house and the 13 year old found him, took him into the woods and started beating him. The mother found them. I can't imagine what would have happened to that little boy had the mother not come in time. Now that little boy has cuts, bruises, permanent damage to one of his eyes and has tremors and nightmares all the time. Then the kid's lawyer gets on there and says "yes what he did was wrong but this is a 13 year old child and my job is to make sure the courts realize that" Well lady what about that innocent little baby that the 13 year old beat within an inch of his life? I hope they throw the book at that kid, try him as an adult and put him away for a long time. What kind of sick bastard beats up a baby? What the hell is going on in the world that parents produce kids that violent? The 13 year old should be thrown in jail and they should throw away the key and the mother should be sterilized so she doesn't produce any more sick fucks like the kid she already has. Maybe I feel so strongly about this because I am a mother and my son is close in age to the little boy that was beaten. I hope that my baby never encounters that kind of evil but rest assured if he does the case will never make it to court because I will have vengeance on the person who hurts my baby.

Okay enough of that. I had the day from hell today. I wake up this morning and go to take Sammie outside. I open the garage with the door opener, set it down and walk her outside. As I'm getting her food and water (halfway around the side of the house) I hear the garage door start closing. Mind you, I didn't unlock the house before I came out so the garage was my only way into the house. So I drop her dishes and run my ass off, diving under the door just in time to keep from being locked out of my house in my pajamas. I don't know if someone else around here is on the same frequency or if our garage door is just posessed but that really sucked. Then today at lunch I had to go to the post office to mail two books I sold. I'm walking towards the building minding my own business when I walk between two cars. Out of nowhere I here this loud growl and see something lunging at me from the car on my right. I screamed and dropped my stuff thinking I'm about to get eaten by a big frickin dog but when I turn around I see a lady pulling her growling snarling POODLE back into her car. She goes "sorry, he's not friendly" Oh really?! The fact that he tried to tear off my arm told me that! Why, if the dog is so viscious didn't she have the sense to roll up the window and turn the air on for the dog instead of leaving the window down so he can attack people? Some people are just plain stupid.
And here's one more for the just plain stupid file. After I get home from work my dad calls and asks if I can come over and type a letter for him that he needs to send to the VA. I say ok and jump in my car to go over there. I'm at a stop sign waiting to turn to the road that leads to my dad's house. I edge forward and I'm about to go but a UPS truck comes flying around the corner from the opposite direction at about 60 and I have to wait for it to go by. Apparently the dumb blonde on her PHONE didn't see me stop the second time and ass ended my car. Luckily other than a few surface scratches that can be buffed out there was no damage to my car. Hurray for the durability of the HHR! And one more thing to brighten my day. I come home and flip the computer on to realize I have no internet. I call Chris to ask him how to fix it and he walks me through it but I have to go downstairs and reset the modem. Well stupid me, I leave my bowl of soup that I just made sitting at my computer desk and when I come back up the bowl is tipped over and the soup is running all over my keyboard and my three darling cats are up there enjoying my dinner. (I swear I will make mittens out of all of them if they do it again). So, how way YOUR day???

No comments: